The Executive Committee (EC) is a standing committee that guides all NDEP activities, with input from the NDEP Partnership Network and NDEP Staff. Activities include:
- Communicating with and seeking input and recommendations from Stakeholder Groups and Task Groups on priorities related to NDEP's strategic plan and yearly action plans.
- Setting NDEP's 5-year strategic plan, yearly action plans, and program priorities.
- Reviewing, guiding, and allocating resources (human and fiscal) for all NDEP activities.
- Appointing members and leaders of all committees and groups.
- Providing guidance and counsel to NDEP staff on a regular basis.
- Representing NDEP in discussions with partner organizations and at major scientific meetings.
The EC includes the leadership of NDEP at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a volunteer chairperson, a chair-elect, and the immediate past chairperson of the EC. The volunteer leaders are appointed by NIH and CDC and serve two-year terms.