National Diabetes Month 2019 Toolkit
Use the resources below to share this year’s theme, Take Diabetes to Heart: Linking Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease. Help to raise awareness that having diabetes means you are more likely to develop heart disease.
National Diabetes Month Flyer
Download our flyer (PDF, 840.12 KB) with tips for reducing your risk of developing heart disease, especially if you have diabetes.
Social Media Content
Download our social media graphics (DOCX, 15.11 MB) and content to post on your Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter pages.
To share this toolkit with your followers, click anywhere on the NIDDK social media message below to then like and share the post on your Twitter page.
Resources for Health Professionals and Their Patients
View evidence-based resources and data related to diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Diabetes in America, 3rd edition, Chapter 18: Heart Disease and Diabetes
- Guiding Principles for the Care of People With or at Risk for Diabetes
- The NIDDK Diabetes Discoveries & Practice Blog
- Know the Difference Fact Sheet: Cardiovascular Disease, Heart Disease, and Coronary Heart Disease
- Healthy Blood Pressure for Healthy Hearts: Small Steps To Take Control (also available in Spanish)
- Healthy Blood Pressure for Healthy Hearts: Tracking Your Numbers (also available in Spanish)
- High Blood Cholesterol - What You Need to Know
This content is provided as a service of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), part of the National Institutes of Health. The NIDDK translates and disseminates research findings through its clearinghouses and education programs to increase knowledge and understanding about health and disease among patients, health professionals, and the public. Content produced by the NIDDK is carefully reviewed by NIDDK scientists and other experts.