Open grant, contract, and cooperative agreement listings with closing dates and contacts
Application success rates, funding priorities, and trends
Tips for applicants; human subjects research information; grant review and management resources; and commonly used funding mechanisms, including diversity and small business programs
Research program and staff contacts for researchers seeking funding
Grant programs for students, postdocs, and faculty
Labs, faculty, and research opportunities located on NIDDK campuses in Maryland and Arizona
Protocols, repositories, mouse models, plasmids, and more
Material transfer agreements, technology licensing, and public/private collaborations
Past and upcoming scientific meetings sponsored or hosted by NIDDK
Enlaces a nuestra información en español
Diabetes, digestive, kidney diseases, obesity, weight and more
Health tips from Dr. Griffin Rodgers, Director of the NIDDK
Current research studies and how you can volunteer
Science-based information and tips for planning an outreach effort or community event
Patient and provider resources including select CEUs
Information, tools, and partnership opportunities to improve awareness, prevention, and management of NIDDK-related diseases and conditions
General information about what NIDDK offers and other frequently asked questions
Director and deputy director biographies, Dr. Rodgers' vision statement, and the Director's Update newsletter
Organizational structure and descriptions of offices and divisions
Staff search and staff listed by offices and divisions
President's budget request, congressional testimony, and other legislative information
Strategic plans, research progress reports, and statistical reports
NIDDK Advisory Council, Board of Scientific Advisors, and committees that coordinate research activities
Overview of NIDDK activities in each major research area, including research advances, research coordination, and health information
How to find current openings and related resources
Frequently asked questions about the Institute
Locations in Bethesda, Maryland and Phoenix, Arizona
News releases, research updates, grantee news, and newsletters
Media contacts, statistics, multimedia gallery, and more resources
Upcoming and past meetings
Social media, RSS feeds, and more
Health Information Center
You can also order print materials from our online catalog.
Information from NDEP is available by topic:
1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National diabetes statistics report: estimates of diabetes and its burden in the United States. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; 2014.
2. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Awareness of prediabetes—United States, 2005–2010. MMWR. 2013;62(11):209-12.
3. Knowler WC, Barrett-Connor E, Fowler SE, Hamman RF, Lachin JM, Walker EA, et al. Reduction in the incidence of type 2 diabetes with lifestyle intervention or metformin. N Engl J Med. 2002;346(6):393-403.
4. Hamman RF, Wing RR, Edelstein SL, Lachin JM, Bray GA, Delahanty L, et al. Effect of weight loss with lifestyle intervention on risk of diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2006;29(9):2102-7.
5. Wing RR, Hamman RF, Bray GA, Delahanty L, Edelstein SL, Hill JO, et al. Achieving weight and activity goals among diabetes prevention program lifestyle participants. Obes Res. 2004;12(9):1426-34.
6. Diabetes Prevention Program Research Group, Knowler WC, Fowler SE, Hamman RF, Christophi CA, Hoffman HJ, et al. 10-year follow-up of diabetes incidence and weight loss in the Diabetes Prevention Program Outcomes Study. Lancet. 2009;374(9702):1677-86.
7. Davis NJ, Ma Y, Delahanty LM, Hoffman HJ, Mayer-Davis E, Franks PW, et al. Predictors of sustained reduction in energy and fat intake in the Diabetes Prevention Program Outcomes Study intensive lifestyle intervention. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013;113(11):1455-64.
8. Diabetes Prevention Program Research Group. Long-term effects of lifestyle intervention or metformin on diabetes development and microvascular complications over 15-year follow-up: the Diabetes Prevention Program Outcomes Study. The Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology. 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S2213-8587(15)00291-0. Accessed January 11, 2016
9. Diabetes Prevention Program Research Group. The 10-year cost-effectiveness of lifestyle intervention or metformin for diabetes prevention: an intent-to-treat analysis of the DPP/DPPOS. Diabetes Care. 2012;35(4):723-30.
10. The Guide to Community Preventive Services. Diabetes Prevention and Control: Combined Diet and Physical Activity Promotion Programs to Prevent Type 2 Diabetes Among People at Increased Risk. www.thecommunityguide.org/diabetes/supportingmaterials/RRcombineddietandpa.html. Updated April 2014. Accessed May 1, 2015.
11. American Diabetes A. Economic costs of diabetes in the U.S. in 2012. Diabetes Care. 2013;36(4):1033-46.
12. Zhang Y, Dall TM, Chen Y, Baldwin A, Yang W, Mann S, et al. Medical cost associated with prediabetes. Popul Health Manag. 2009;12(3):157-63.
13. Gregg EW ZX, Cheng YJ, Albright AL, Narayan KV, Thompson TJ. Trends in lifetime risk and years of life lost due to diabetes in the USA, 1985–2011: a modelling study. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2014;2(11):867-74.
Phone: 1-800-860-8747 | TTY: 1-866-569-1162 | Email: email@example.com | Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time, M-F