March 1, 2017
All proposals must be submitted via email to CURE.UAB@gmail.com with “CURE-UAB Research Abstract” in the subject line. Abstract submissions should be no longer than 300 words (not including names, affiliations, title, figures, tables, or images). It would be appreciated if each program collated its abstracts into a single e-mail submission. Please use one page for each abstract and submit the entirety as one MS Word document or PDF file. We will provide poster numbers and group assignments for each abstract author directly on the Word document. We will then merge all submissions into one PDF for distribution. Each program can print the PDF to bring to the meeting, or attendees can maintain it on their personal mobile devices. We will not be providing hard copies of the abstracts at the meeting.
Organize the body of the abstract as follows:
- Statement of the purpose of the study
- Statement of the methods used
- Summary of the results presented in sufficient detail to support the conclusion
- Statement of the conclusions reached
Please follow the instructions below to format an abstract. (Note: Submissions will not be edited for spelling or grammar and will be accepted “as is.”)
- The abstract should be a PDF file or an MS Word document with 1-inch margins, typed single space, using a font no smaller than 10 points (12 cpi). Please use a common font, such as Helvetica, Times New Roman, or Arial.
- The abstract’s title should be typed in CAPITAL LETTERS and should clearly represent the nature of the investigation. Do not use subheadings (e.g., Methods, Results).
- The title should be followed (in standard capitalization, not all caps) by the author’s first and last names, degree (if applicable), and affiliation (if applicable), as well as city, state, and country. If there is more than one author, underline the primary author’s name (one primary author per abstract).
- Do not insert blank lines between the title and the body of the abstract or between paragraphs.
- Please ensure that your abstract is the correct length (no longer than 300 words).
- Use standard abbreviations (e.g., RBC) and standard symbols for units of measure (e.g., kg, g, mg, mL, L, and %). Place abbreviations and acronyms in parentheses after the full word the first time that the term appears. Use numerals to indicate numbers, except as the first word of a sentence.
- Simple tables or graphs may be included; however, the abstract may not be longer than one page, including any tables or graphs.
Posters will be displayed on 4-foot-high by 6-foot-wide poster boards. Pushpins and Velcro will be provided onsite. The recommended poster size is 3 feet by 5 feet.
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
Room number to be announced
400 New Jersey Avenue
NW Washington, D.C. 20001