Extended Submission Deadline: Monday, March 13, 2017
Notification of Acceptance: Monday, March 20, 2017
All abstracts must be submitted via email to Rachel Pisarski of The Scientific Consulting Group, Inc. at email@example.com with “Remodeling the Bone Marrow Abstract” in the subject line. The body of the email should identify the submitting author and the career development stage of the submitting author: student, fellow, instructor, assistant professor, scientist, etc.
Selected abstracts will be presented in poster form.
Please note that submissions for travel awards closed with the original abstract deadline of March 6, 2017.
Junior-level participants (students, fellows, instructors, and assistant professors) with the highest-scoring abstracts will be eligible for a modest travel award.
Travel award notifications will be made by March 20, 2017.
- A completed poster abstract should include a statement of purpose, methods used, and a summary of results in sufficient detail to support the conclusion. Statements such as “results will be described” should be avoided.
- The poster abstract should fit on half of an 8.5" × 11" page. Abstracts should be no more than 250 words (not including title, names and affiliations).
- The abstract should be typed single-spaced using 12-point Times New Roman font.
- The title should be boldface and followed by one return.
- Both the authors list (authors' first and last names, degrees) and the list of affiliations/institutions (including city, state, and country) should be followed by one return. The name of the presenting author should be underlined. Provide any grant acknowledgments for your research (e.g., R01-DK13028) at the end of your abstract.
- The abstract file name should be: presenting author’s Last name_First word in the title (e.g., Zucker_Effects).
Selected poster abstracts will appear in the meeting materials. Each author is allotted a 4-foot-high by 6-foot-wide posterboard. The poster session will be held Monday, April 3, during the lunch break.
If your abstract is selected for a poster presentation, please arrive between 7:00 and 7:30 a.m., April 3, 2017, to mount your poster on the posterboard. Pushpins and Velcro will be provided onsite. You will be responsible for removing and shipping your poster at the end of the meeting. Any remaining posters will be discarded.
If you have any questions about the scientific content of the workshop, please contact Dr. Terry Bishop (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Cindy Roy (email@example.com). For questions/concerns about workshop logistics, please contact Ms. Rachel Pisarski (firstname.lastname@example.org). We look forward to meeting and working with you. We anticipate a stimulating and productive workshop.
Photography is not allowed where posters are displayed.