The purpose of the Collaborating for the Advancement of Interdisciplinary Research in Benign Urology meeting is to bring together the Directors of the OʼBrien Urology Centers and their project directors, the Directors of the Planning Centers for Interdisciplinary Research in Benign Urology, and the Directors for the Multidisciplinary K12 Urologic Research (KURe) Career Development Program and their fellows. This meeting will promote interactions between Centers and Programs and the sharing of resources.
November 23, 2018
An agenda for this meeting is coming soon!
November 19, 2018
If you have not already done so, contact Dr. Kristina Penniston as soon as possible to let her know your abstract title and topic. This information will be used to identify those to be presented during the moderated poster session vs. during the meeting program, so it is critical for you to contact Kris immediately.
All abstracts must be submitted via email to Kristina Penniston, Ph.D., coordinator of the O’Brien Centers Interactions Core.
Instructions for Formatting an Abstract
Organize the body of the abstract as follows:
- A completed abstract should include an introduction or statement of purpose, methods used, a summary of results, and a conclusion. Statements such as “results will be described” should be avoided.
- Aim for no more than 300 words (not including title, authors’ names, and institutions)
- The abstract should be typed single-spaced using 11-point font.
- The title should be boldface and followed by one return.
- The author list (authors’ first and last names, degrees) with institutions listed in a separate paragraph—including city, state, and country—should be followed by one return.
If selected for presentation during the moderated poster session, posters should be smaller than the poster boards, which are 4’ high and 6’ wide. In addition, the presenter should prepare about 4 Power Point slides for a 3-4 minute presentation. The poster session will be held on Thursday, December 13, 2018, at 5:30 p.m.
Presenters of abstracts selected for oral presentations during the meeting will be notified as to the day and time of their presentations. Presenters will have approximately 8 minutes to present their Power Point slides. Depending on their topics, presentations will be slotted into appropriate sections of the meeting.