Diet & Nutrition
Food and beverages provide the energy and nutrients you need to improve health, manage disease, and reduce the risk of disease.
Find resources on nutrition to help you pay attention to what, when, how often, why, and how much you eat and drink, as well as, help manage health conditions such as diabetes, obesity, kidney disease, and others.
Healthy Living Tools
Diet & Nutrition Topics
- About Food Portions
- Aim for a Healthy Weight
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Celebrate the Beauty of Youth
- Celiac Disease
- Changing Your Habits for Better Health
- DASH Eating Plan
- Diet for Kidney Stone Prevention
- Dietary Guidelines
- Dieting & Gallstones
- Food Allergies
- Fruits & Veggies - More Matters
- Health Risks of Being Overweight
- Healthy Recipes from NHLBI
- Helping Your Child: Tips for Parents
- Keeping Active & Eating Right for the Whole Family
- Lactose Intolerance
- Nutrition Assistance Program from the USDA
- Nutrition Tips from ChooseMyPlate.gov
- Nutritional Needs During Pregnancy
Healthy Moments Radio
Listen to health tips from Dr. Rodgers in his weekly 1-minute episodes.
- Why Should I Join Ongoing COVID-19 Vaccine Trials?
- COVID-19: What We Know So Far
- How Can I Get the COVID-19 Vaccine?
Research Discoveries & News
- NIH study compares low-fat, plant-based diet to low-carb, animal-based diet
- Statement on the establishment of the Office of Nutrition Research within the NIH Office of the Director
- NIH releases strategic plan to accelerate nutrition research over next 10 years
- Feeding the microbiome to help malnourished children