News and events from NIDDK-funded research and programs.
NIDDK COVID-19 Resources
Since early in the COVID-19 pandemic, NIDDK has been conducting and supporting research and sharing evidence-based health information to curb coronavirus. Learn about our ongoing efforts:
- NIDDK research shows importance of masks (scientific articles in NEJM and PNAS, The Biophysical Journal, story of discovery, videos)
- Dr. Anthony Fauci shares COVID info on NIDDK's Healthy Moments radio
- Tips on managing chronic diseases in uncertain times
- Obesity and Hypertension in the Time of COVID-19 – editorial and accompanying JAMA podcast from NIDDK Director Dr. Griffin P. Rodgers and NHLBI Director Dr. Gary Gibbons
- NIDDK COVID-19 Research Response homepage
- NIH’s Coronavirus homepage
Jan. 27, 2021
Jan. 27, 2021
Jan. 8, 2021
NIDDK's Press Team can provide access to researchers and program staff and guide you to the latest information and research on diabetes, obesity, and digestive and kidney diseases from NIDDK.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram for health information and the latest updates about the Institute’s initiatives, events, research, and funding opportunities.
The NIDDK Director
Dr. Rodgers in the News
- Dr. Rodgers talks with the ASCO Post for its Living a Full Life series.
- Dr. Rodgers and Dr. Anthony Fauci share updates on COVID-19 for a Healthy Moments radio series.
- Dr. Rodgers gives plenary talk for Louisiana Clinical & Translational Science Center retreat.
- Dr. Rodgers outlines NIDDK big data programs in Endocrine Today interview.
- Dr. Rodgers discusses his life and career in “Conversations with Giants in Medicine,” a video series from The Journal of Clinical Investigation.
Meetings & Workshops
The NIDDK Media Library is a searchable database of images produced by the NIDDK that are available copyright free to the public at no cost.