News and events from NIDDK-funded research and programs.
Dr. William T. Cefalu to direct NIDDK Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolic Diseases
I am delighted to announce Dr. William T. Cefalu as the new director of the Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolic Diseases at the NIH’s National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. An expert physician researcher, leader, and patient advocate, Dr. Cefalu will be responsible for setting scientific priorities within a large and diverse program of basic and clinical research. Over the past 35 years, Dr. Cefalu has established a stellar career in service to public health, including in his most recent role as chief scientific, medical, and mission officer of the American Diabetes Association (ADA). Prior to his role at the ADA, he served in leadership positions at Louisiana State University’s Pennington Biomedical Research Center in Baton Rouge, La. He has authored over 300 publications and five books on diabetes. I know Dr. Cefalu will make outstanding contributions in his new role, and I look forward to his arrival on August 18.
July 19, 2019
July 12, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 7, 2019
May 30, 2019
May 29, 2019
NIDDK's Press Team can provide access to researchers and program staff and guide you to the latest information and research on diabetes, obesity, and digestive and kidney diseases from NIDDK.
Follow NIDDK on social media
- Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube - for the latest information about the Institute’s initiatives, events, studies and funding opportunities.
The NIDDK Director
Dr. Rodgers in the News
- Dr. Rodgers honored in exhibit on African-American scientists
- Dr. Rodgers joins WTOP to discuss the signs and symptoms of kidney disease
- Dr. Rodgers provides tips for radio listeners on achieving and maintaining a healthy weight
- Dr. Rodgers receives the American Society of Hematology (ASH) Award for Leadership in Promoting Diversity
Meetings & Workshops
- | Bethesda, MD
- | Kansas City, MO
- | Bethesda, MD