News and events from NIDDK-funded research and programs.
NIDDK COVID-19 Resources
Since early in the COVID-19 pandemic, NIDDK has been conducting and supporting research and sharing evidence-based health information to curb coronavirus. Learn about our ongoing efforts:
- NIDDK research shows importance of masks (scientific articles in NEJM, PNAS, The Biophysical Journal, a story of discovery, and videos on masks and speech droplets and ways masks can lessen severity of illness)
- Dr. Anthony Fauci discusses vaccine safety and how to slow the spread of COVID-19 on NIDDK's Healthy Moments radio
- Tips on managing chronic diseases in uncertain times
- NIDDK-supported research shows people with obesity are more likely to have more severe disease, and editorial and accompanying JAMA podcast from NIDDK Director Dr. Griffin P. Rodgers and NHLBI Director Dr. Gary Gibbons highlights obesity and hypertension in the time of COVID-19
- NIDDK COVID-19 Research Response homepage
- NIH’s Coronavirus homepage
NIDDK's Press Team can provide access to researchers and program staff and guide you to the latest information and research on diabetes, obesity, and digestive and kidney diseases from NIDDK.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram for health information and the latest updates about the Institute’s initiatives, events, research, and funding opportunities.
The NIDDK Director
Dr. Rodgers in the News
- Dr. Rodgers shares small steps to help manage or prevent prediabetes on a national media tour, including interviews with Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell, WPZZ-FM (Richmond, VA), KRMG radio (Tulsa, OK) and Fox 24 Charleston, during National Diabetes Month.
- Dr. Rodgers appears on Black News Channel’s “Be Well” series to help spread awareness about sickle cell disease.
- Dr. Rodgers and NIDDK Executive Officer Camille Hoover speak with Federal News Network about NIDDK’s efforts to foster workforce diversity, inclusion, and engagement.
- Dr. Rodgers joins Black Health Trust’s Sunday Program to discuss health disparities in diabetes, kidney disease, and COVID-19, and tips for prevention.
Meetings & Workshops
Supports researchers with tools to enhance scientific rigor, reproducibility, and transparency, and provides a big data knowledge base for genomic and pathway hypothesis generation.
The NIDDK Media Library is a searchable database of images produced by the NIDDK that are available copyright free to the public at no cost.