The urinary tract is your body’s drainage system for removing urine. Urine is composed of wastes and water. The urinary tract includes your kidneys, ureters, and bladder. To urinate normally, the urinary tract needs to work together in the correct order.
Urologic diseases or conditions include urinary tract infections, kidney stones, bladder control problems, and prostate problems, among others. Some urologic conditions last only a short time, while others are long-lasting.
- Bladder Control Problems (Urinary Incontinence)
- Bladder Infection (UTI) in Adults
- Bladder Infection (UTI) in Children
- Cystocele (Prolapsed Bladder)
- Cystoscopy & Ureteroscopy
- Daily Bladder Diary
(PDF, 487 KB)
- Diet for Kidney Stone Prevention
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Hematuria (Blood in the Urine)
- Hydronephrosis in Newborns
- Imaging of the Urinary Tract
- Interstitial Cystitis (Painful Bladder Syndrome)
- Kegel Exercises
- Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis)
- Kidney Stones
- Kidney Stones in Children
- Medical Tests for Prostate Problems
- Penile Curvature (Peyronie's Disease)
- Perineal Injury in Males
- Prostate Enlargement (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Prostate Inflammation (Prostatitis)
Healthy Moments Radio
Listen to health tips from Dr. Rodgers in his weekly 1-minute episodes.
- How Is Depression Treated in People Who Have Diabetes?
- Are Diabetes and Depression Linked?
- Chronic Illness and Depression
Research Discoveries & News
- Story of Discovery: The NIDDK provides foundational research support for first FDA-approved therapy to treat the metabolic disease primary hyperoxaluria type 1
- Potential therapeutic target for erectile dysfunction following prostate cancer surgery
- Story of discovery: advancing understanding of lower urinary tract symptoms and associated conditions
- A New Approach to Studying the Links Between Bladder and Brain Activity in People
- Moving objects with ultrasound beams—potential application to urinary stone disease
- Immune system response could be undermining ability to fight urinary tract infections