Bonnie Burgess-Beusse, Ph.D.
Responsibilities & Activities
As a program director for the Translational and Basic Liver Disease Research program, I administer a portfolio of research grants on Bile, Bilirubin, and Cholestasis; Cell and Molecular Biology of the Liver; and Developmental Biology and Regeneration. The Translational and Basic Liver Disease Research program supports a broad range of basic and translational research as well as disease-specific proposals that improve the understanding of pathophysiological mechanisms and treatment of specific liver diseases or liver conditions.
Digestive Diseases Genetics & Genomics
Identifying genes that influence normal development, function, and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Liver Diseases Genetics & Genomics
Identifying genes that influence normal development, function, and diseases of the liver.
Translational & Basic Liver Disease Research
Translational and basic research on liver physiology and pathophysiology and liver diseases.
Committees & Working Groups
- NIDDK Extramural Staff Program Training Committee, Member
- NIDDK Translational Science Working Group, Member
- NIDDK Women's Health Working Group, Member
- NIDDK Sexual and Gender Minority (SGM) Science Workgroup, Member
- NIDDK LBGTQ+ Community Support Working Group, part of NIDDK IDEAC (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Access and Civility) Steering Committee Working Groups, Member
Program Director, NIDDK, NIH, 2015-present
Scientific Review Officer, Center for Scientific Review, NIH, 2005-2015
Research Fellow, LMB, NIDDK, NIH, 2004-2005
Postdoctoral Fellow, LMB, NIDDK, NIH, 1999-2004
Ph.D., Baylor College of Medicine, 1999