Urologic Diseases in America
This report incorporates current and retrospective data on all aspects of the epidemiology, practice patterns, costs, and impact of urologic diseases in the United States and is intended for use by public officials, nongovernment organizations, the media, academic researchers, health professionals, and the public. The original report was published in 2012 and is still considered current. An addendum was prepared in 2017 and released in 2018.
- Urologic Disease in America: Full 2012 Report (PDF, 10.85 MB)
- Interstitial Cystitis and Prostatitis (PDF, 924.34 KB)
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia/Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms and Bladder (PDF, 427.78 KB)
- Prostate Cancer (PDF, 534.85 KB)
- Urinary Continence (PDF, 895.43 KB)
- Bladder and Upper Tract Urothelial Cancer (PDF, 1014.85 KB)
- Urethral Diseases (PDF, 480.47 KB)
- Perinatal Hydronephrosis (PDF, 511.42 KB)
- Kidney Cancer (PDF, 432.01 KB)
- Urinary Tract Stones (PDF, 394.49 KB)
- Testicular Cancer (PDF, 312.86 KB)
- Urinary Tract Infection (PDF, 558.83 KB)
- Male Reproductive Health (PDF, 577.41 KB)
- Pediatric Urologic Diseases (PDF, 441.43 KB)
- Economic Impact of Urologic Disease (PDF, 404.39 KB)
- Methods (PDF, 364.39 KB)
2018 Addendum and Reference Tables
Urologic Diseases in America Podcast
- Episode 1: Introduction (MP3, 18.25 MB)
- Episode 1: Introduction Transcript (DOCX, 16.62 KB)
- Episode 2: Urinary Incontinence (MP3, 28.66 MB)
- Episode 2: Urinary Incontinence Transcript (PDF, 363.09 KB)
- Episode 3: Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (MP3, 10.92 MB)
- Episode 3: Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Transcript (PDF, 356 KB)
- Episode 4: Urinary Stone Disease (MP3, 16.78 MB)
- Episode 4: Urinary Stone Disease Transcript (PDF, 368.91 KB)
All material appearing in this report is in the public domain and may be reproduced or copied without permission: citation as to source, however, is appreciated.
[Table X-X. Chapter title. In:] Litwin MS, Saigal CS, editors. Urologic Diseases in America. US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Washington, DC: US Government Printing Office, 2012; NIH Publication No. 12-7865 [pp. XX-XX].
[Table X-X. Chapter title. In:] Lydia Feinstein, PhD, Project Director, and Brian Matlaga, MD, MPH, Project Investigator. Urologic Diseases in America. US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Washington, DC: US Government Printing Office, 2018; NIH Publication No. 12-7865 [pp. XX-XX].