Long Term Outcomes of Bariatric Surgery
The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) and the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) are sponsoring a workshop on long-term outcomes of bariatric surgery. The purpose of this workshop is to review the current state-of-the-science in regards to long-term outcomes of bariatric surgery, determine critical gaps in understanding, and strategize about methods to leverage existing clinical studies to fill those gaps. A variety of stakeholders are being invited to the workshop to present their viewpoints. This will be a 1.5-day workshop to be held May 22-23, 2013, on the NIH campus in Bethesda, Maryland.
- David Arterburn, M.D., M.P.H., Associate Investigator, Group Health Research Institute
- Anita Courcoulas, M.D., M.P.H., Director, Minimally Invasive Bariatric and General Surgery, University of Pittsburgh
- Dana K. Andersen, M.D., Director, Clinical Studies Program, Division of Digestive Diseases and Nutrition (DDN), NIDDK, NIH
- Denise Bonds, M.D., M.P.H., Medical Officer, Division of Cardiovascular Sciences (DCVS), NHLBI, NIH
- Thomas L. Eggerman, M.D., Ph.D., Director, Clinical Islet Transplantation Program, Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolic Diseases (DEM), NIDDK, NIH
- Mary Horlick, M.D., Director, Pediatric Clinical Obesity Program, DDN, NIDDK, NIH
- Myrlene Staten, M.D., Senior Advisor, Diabetes Translational Research, DEM, NIDDK, NIH
- Susan Z. Yanovski, M.D., Co-director, Office of Obesity Research, Chief, Nutritional Sciences Branch, DDN, NIDDK, NIH
Lister Hill Auditorium
National Institutes of Health
Bethesda, MD 20892
Thomas L. Eggerman, M.D., Ph.D.
The Scientific Consulting Group, Inc.