Long Term Outcomes of Bariatric Surgery
The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) and the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) are sponsoring a workshop on long-term outcomes of bariatric surgery. The purpose of this workshop is to review the current state-of-the-science in regards to long-term outcomes of bariatric surgery, determine critical gaps in understanding, and strategize about methods to leverage existing clinical studies to fill those gaps. A variety of stakeholders are being invited to the workshop to present their viewpoints. This will be a 1.5-day workshop to be held May 22-23, 2013, on the NIH campus in Bethesda, Maryland.
- David Arterburn, M.D., M.P.H., Associate Investigator, Group Health Research Institute
- Anita Courcoulas, M.D., M.P.H., Director, Minimally Invasive Bariatric and General Surgery, University of Pittsburgh
- Dana K. Andersen, M.D., Director, Clinical Studies Program, Division of Digestive Diseases and Nutrition (DDN), NIDDK, NIH
- Denise Bonds, M.D., M.P.H., Medical Officer, Division of Cardiovascular Sciences (DCVS), NHLBI, NIH
- Thomas L. Eggerman, M.D., Ph.D., Director, Clinical Islet Transplantation Program, Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolic Diseases (DEM), NIDDK, NIH
- Mary Horlick, M.D., Director, Pediatric Clinical Obesity Program, DDN, NIDDK, NIH
- Myrlene Staten, M.D., Senior Advisor, Diabetes Translational Research, DEM, NIDDK, NIH
- Susan Z. Yanovski, M.D., Co-director, Office of Obesity Research, Chief, Nutritional Sciences Branch, DDN, NIDDK, NIH
Lister Hill Auditorium
National Institutes of Health
Bethesda , MD 20892
Thomas L. Eggerman, M.D., Ph.D.
The Scientific Consulting Group, Inc.