Neuroscience in Urology Think Tank
Event Details Agenda Travel
Meeting ObjectivesThe goal of the meeting is to promote and enhance neuroscience research in urology by
- Facilitating new collaborations between experts in neuroscience and urology.
- Incorporating technical advances that are well established in other areas of neuroscience and neurology into studies of urogenital regulation and dysfunction.
- Engaging expertise in other areas of neuroscience and neurology to stimulate the development of new approaches needed to define and manipulate peripheral and central nervous system circuits that regulate urogenital function.
- In line with their ongoing impact in other areas of neuroscience, expanding the scope of neuroscience input to understanding urological conditions by involving experts in behavioral neuroscience, developmental neurobiology, neurovascular regulation, systems neuroscience, neural regeneration, and neuroimmunology.
- Discussing priorities and strategies for future neuro-urology research, including identification of major gaps and opportunities, and a target for achievement over a period of the next 5–10 years.
- Poster presentations open to all registrants
- Interdisciplinary collaborations
- Working group discussions to share expertise and develop priorities for the future
Janet Keast, The University of Melbourne, Australia
Michelle Southard-Smith, Vanderbilt University
Sanjay Jain, Washington University in St. Louis
Deborah Hoshizaki, NIDDK