Shannon Givens, M.P.H.
Responsibilities & Activities
I provide KUH clinical trial support for trials that require Data Safety Monitoring Boards (DSMB), Observation Safety Monitoring Boards (OSMB), and External Expert Panel (EEP) oversight. I provide clinical trials protocol consultation and work with Program Directors, Principal Investigators Program Scientists, DSMB, OSMB, and EEP members to:
- coordinate and prepare for meetings
- assist in the Conflict of Interest (COI) process
- review active reports and produce reports
- communicate with investigators
I also provide extramural portfolio analysis and evaluation as needed.
Committees & Working Groups
- Clinical Studies Working Group, Member
- KUH Workgroups, Member
Scientific Program Manager, NIH/NIDA, 2017-2019
Scientific Program Manager, NIH/NCI, 2014-2016
Field Interviewer/ Researcher, Rutgers University, 2011-2014
Master of Public Health, Long Island University, 2012-2014
Anthropology, Dickinson College, 2006-2010