- Senior Research Physician NIDDK, NIH, 2020-present
- Chief, Clinical Nephrology Consult Service, 2020-present
- Director, Dialysis, 2020-present
- Nancy Nossal Mentorship Award, 2022
- NIAMS Director’s Group Award :COVID-19 Systemic Autoimmunity 2022
- NIDDK Clinical Director's Award, 2020
- Associate Research Physician, NIDDK, NIH, 2018-2020
- Staff Clinician, NIDDK, NIH, 2006-present
- Clinical Instructor, Columbia University, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Glomerular Disease Institute, 2005-2006
- Nephrology Fellowship, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 2001-2005
- Internal medicine-Pediatrics Combined Residency, Baystate Medical Center, 1997-2001
- M.D., Tufts University School of Medicine, 1997
The focus of my research is the natural history, pathogenesis, and treatment of immunologically mediated glomerular diseases particularly membranous nephropathy. The goal of my research is to find novel ways to suppress autoimmune responses that lead to kidney disease as well as to find more sensitive methods to monitor disease activity.
- Potential for false decline of anti-SARS-CoV-2 spike antibody titers after COVID-19 vaccination.
- Waldman M, Sacks DB, Howard L, Cole J.
- Lancet Rheumatol (2022 Sep) 4:e586-e587. Abstract/Full Text
- Structural determinants of the dominant conformational epitopes of phospholipase A2 receptor in primary membranous nephropathy.
- Tang H, Zhu R, Waldman M, Zhu Q.
- J Biol Chem (2022 Mar) 298:101605. Abstract/Full Text
Research in Plain Language
I study new combinations of agents that reduce the activity of the immune system to treat individuals with immune-mediated kidney disease in which kidney cells are damaged by immune responses or inflammation.