- Associate Research Physician, NIDDK, NIH, 2018-present
- Staff Clinician, NIDDK, NIH, 2006-present
- Clinical Instructor, Columbia University, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Glomerular Disease Institute, 2005-2006
- Nephrology Fellowship, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 2001-2005
- Internal medicine-Pediatrics Combined Residency, Baystate Medical Center, 1997-2001
- M.D., Tufts University School of Medicine, 1997
The focus of my research is the natural history, pathogenesis, and treatment of immunologically mediated glomerular diseases particularly membranous nephropathy. The goal of my research is to find novel ways to suppress autoimmune responses that lead to kidney disease as well as to find more sensitive methods to monitor disease activity.
- Membranous nephropathy: Pilot study of a novel regimen combining cyclosporine and Rituximab.
- Waldman M, Beck LH Jr, Braun M, Wilkins K, Balow JE, Austin HA 3rd.
- Kidney Int Rep (2016 Jul) 1:73-84. Abstract/Full Text
- Can we identify risk factors during pregnancy for thrombo-embolic events during the puerperium and later in life?
- Waldman M, Sheiner E, Sergienko R, Shoham-Vardi I.
- J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med (2015 Jun) 28:1005-9. Abstract/Full Text
Research in Plain Language
I study new combinations of agents that reduce the activity of the immune system to treat individuals with immune-mediated kidney disease in which kidney cells are damaged by immune responses or inflammation.