- Staff Scientist and Manager of Animal Facility, NIDDK, NIH, 2007-present
- Visiting and Research Fellow, NIDDK, NIH, 2001-2007
- Attending Surgeon, First Hospital of Shanxi Medical University, 1999-2001
- Resident, First Hospital of Shanxi Medical University, 1988-1992
- Ph.D., Laboratory of Hepatobiliary Research, Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Shanghai Second Medical University, 1999
- M.Sc., Shanxi Medical University, 1996
- M.D., First Hospital of Shanxi Medical University, 1988
The goal of this laboratory is to help investigators achieve their mission to improve human health.
I provide surgical support to NIDDK intramural investigators who conduct animal experiments. Surgical support includes medical and technical assistance with kidney transplantations, catheter placement, osmotic pump implantations, harvest of pancreas, islet isolations, and other procedures and tests required by the Laboratory Animal Science Section and Metabolic Core facility. I also administer training programs on the care and use of laboratory animals to ensure compliance with federal standards.
- Sex difference in mouse metabolic response to erythropoietin.
- Zhang Y, Rogers HM, Zhang X, Noguchi CT.
- FASEB J (2017 Jun) 31:2661-2673. Abstract/Full Text
- Insulin-dependent diabetes induced by pancreatic beta cell expression of IL-15 and IL-15Rα.
- Chen J, Feigenbaum L, Awasthi P, Butcher DO, Anver MR, Golubeva YG, Bamford R, Zhang X, St Claire MB, Thomas CJ, Discepolo V, Jabri B, Waldmann TA.
- Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A (2013 Aug 13) 110:13534-9. Abstract/Full Text
Research in Plain Language
I provide surgical support to NIDDK intramural investigators who conduct animal experiments.