Joining Soon: Priyanka Narayan, Ph.D.
Dr. Narayan and the Human Disease Section is joining the Genetics and Biochemistry Branch in April 2020.
Postdoctoral fellow, graduate student, post-baccalaureate, and technician positions are available. We are especially interested in those with experience in induced pluripotent stem cell work. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Our lab studies the ways in which neurodegenerative disease risk factors alter fundamental cellular pathways to increase susceptibility to diseases like Alzheimer’s disease. We are pursuing these scientific questions with the ultimate goal of identifying novel therapeutic or preventative mechanisms for neurodegenerative diseases. Our research combines techniques from biochemistry, genetic screening, and neurobiology in human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived tissues.
- Combating neurodegenerative disease using chemical probes and model systems
- Narayan, P.*, Ehsani, S.*, Lindquist, S.
- Nature Chemical Biology (2014) Abstract/Full Text
- Rare individual amyloid-β oligomers act on astrocytes to initiate neuronal damage
- Narayan, P.*, Holmstrom, K.M.*, Kim, D.H., Whitcomb, D.J., Wilson, M.R., Wood, N.W., Dobson, C.M., Cho, K., Abramov, A.Y., Klenerman, D.
- Biochemistry (2014) Abstract/Full Text
- Single molecule imaging of the interaction between amyloid-β peptides and the membranes of hippocampal cells
- Narayan, P.*, Ganzinger, K.A.*, McColl, J.T., Qamar, S., St. George-Hyslop, P.G., Dobson C.,M., Klenerman, D.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society (2013) Abstract/Full Text
- The extracellular chaperone clusterin sequesters oligomeric forms of the Alzheimer’s disease-associated Aβ1-40 peptide
- Narayan, P., Orte, A., Clarke, R.W., Bolognesi, B., Hook, S., Ganzinger, K.A., Meehan, S., Wilson, M.R., Dobson, C.M., Klenerman, D. Nature Structural and Molecular Biology (2012) Abstract/Full Text
- Amyloid-β oligomers are sequestered by both intracellular and extracellular chaperones
- Narayan, P., Meehan, S., Carver, J.A., Wilson, M.R., Dobson, C.M., Klenerman, D.
- Biochemistry (2012) Abstract/Full Text