- Ph.D., University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 1999
- B.S., University of Texas at Austin, 1994
My research goal is to use cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) to determine the molecular structure of proteins and multi-protein complexes to understand their function.
- Cryo-EM of the dynamin polymer assembled on lipid membrane.
- Kong L, Sochacki KA, Wang H, Fang S, Canagarajah B, Kehr AD, Rice WJ, Strub MP, Taraska JW, Hinshaw JE.
- Nature (2018 Aug) 560:258-262. Abstract/Full Text
- Structural basis for recruitment and activation of the AP-1 clathrin adaptor complex by Arf1.
- Ren X, Farías GG, Canagarajah BJ, Bonifacino JS, Hurley JH.
- Cell (2013 Feb 14) 152:755-67. Abstract/Full Text
Research in Plain Language
Proteins are complex molecules that play important functions in living organisms. We use cryo-electron microscope to study protein molecules in detail. Knowing the three-dimensional structure of proteins help us to understand their function, and to design drugs to treat diseases that they may be involved in.