Sometimes government can seem so big that it’s easy to forget the individuals that make government work. At NIDDK, staff gives of themselves in ways large and small, every day.
Three NIDDK investigators recently celebrated 50 years—each—of working in the institute. They stay because they love what they do, researching cell biology to understand diseases and ultimately improve therapies for them. Read more about these pioneers of the molecular biology field in the News Around NIDDK section below. Read more
News Around NIDDK
- Minority researchers network going strong after 10 years
- New grants aim to understand intrauterine influence, preserve beta cell function
- 3 NIDDK intramural scientists honored for 50 years of service
- Common Fund program to expand metabolomics research
- Rare body fat disorders workshop sheds light on obesity research
Health Information Updates
NIDDK Job Opportunities
Find an exciting new position at NIDDK! Job opportunities are updated regularly. Check back often to view vacancies, as positions are generally advertised for 5-10 days.View NIDDK Job Opportunities
Meetings & Workshops
Find conferences, workshops, talks, and other events.View All Meetings & Workshops
The NIDDK Director’s Update is published in March, May, September and December. To submit an item for the next edition or send suggestions, please contact Editor Amy F. Reiter and Deputy Editor January Payne at DirectorsUpdate@niddk.nih.gov. Items must be submitted six weeks before the month of publication to be considered for the next issue.
Browse other issues in the Director's Update Archive.