Gene Structure & Disease Section
of the Laboratory of Cell & Molecular Biology
Karen Usdin, Ph.D.
The Usdin lab studies the Repeat Expansion Diseases, a group of neurological/neurodevelopmental disorders caused by instability of a disease-specific microsatellite.
- FAN1's protection against CGG repeat expansion requires its nuclease activity and is FANCD2-independent.
- Zhao X, Lu H, Usdin K.
- Nucleic Acids Res (2021 Nov 18) 49:11643-11652. Abstract/Full Text
- All three mammalian MutL complexes are required for repeat expansion in a mouse cell model of the Fragile X-related disorders.
- Miller CJ, Kim GY, Zhao X, Usdin K.
- PLoS Genet (2020 Jun) 16:e1008902. Abstract/Full Text
Usdin Lab 2022View Our Lab Members