Obesity and Diabetes Clinical Research Section
Translational research to better understand factors related to energy balance, diet, behavior, nutrient metabolism, & insulin action in obesity & diabetes
- Higher fasting plasma FGF21 concentration is associated with lower ad libitum soda consumption in humans.
- Basolo A, Hollstein T, Shah MH, Walter M, Krakoff J, Votruba SB, Piaggi P.
- Am J Clin Nutr (2021 Oct 4) 114:1518-1522. Abstract/Full Text
- Reduced adaptive thermogenesis during acute protein-imbalanced overfeeding is a metabolic hallmark of the human thrifty phenotype.
- Hollstein T, Basolo A, Ando T, Krakoff J, Piaggi P.
- Am J Clin Nutr (2021 Oct 4) 114:1396-1407. Abstract/Full Text