Program Highlights & Stipends
Conduct independent research in a NIH laboratory
- 10 weeks starting May 31, 2022 – August 5, 2022
- $5,600 Student Participation Allowance for the 10 weeks
- *Small stipend supplement may be provided to cover cost of living expenses in Maryland and Arizona.
- Location- Bethesda, Maryland or Phoenix, Arizona
- Up to $700 for travel expenses to research location
*Interns may elect to share housing to defray housing costs. Information about housing can be found at the Office of Intramural Education and Training (OITE) website (PDF, 505 KB) .
Career Development and Guidance Opportunities
- Participate in meetings and seminars in your individual lab
- Attend weekly research and career development seminars
- Attend summer seminar series with senior NIH investigators who will discuss the latest developments in biomedical research
- With preceptor permission, attend formal lectures and symposia, listed in the weekly "NIH Calendar of Events” (only available at the NIH campus in Bethesda, Maryland).
- Get paired with a post baccalaureate or postdoctoral fellow for informal guidance
- Meet bi-weekly with OMHRC staff
Present your work at the NIH Summer Research Program Poster Day
All awardees will be required to attend courses on Ethics in Research, and on Lab Safety.