Translational Research: Screening
Screening for small molecule or non-viral biologics may involve a variety of approaches at differing scales. Some examples are high throughput screening of millions of small molecules in a cellular assay, testing a few hundred FDA-approved compounds in an ex vivo culture system, or panning through a phage-display library for neutralizing peptides.
Target AssayScreeningHits and
HitHit to LeadLead Series
NIDDK-Specific Funding Opportunities
- PA-16-374, Assay Development and Screening to Discover Therapeutic or Imaging Agents for Diseases of Interest to the NIDDK (R01)
- Academic Drug Discovery Consortium
- Academic Screening Facilities
- NIH Molecular Libraries and Imaging
- NIDDK Small Business Programs
For questions on this topic, contact Dr. Aaron Pawlyk.